Wednesday 8 October 2014

Stepping out of the shadows

For longer than I can remember I have spent my time walking usually longer routes to my chosen destination.  I have not commented on things on social media sites that I feel I should have.  I have felt bad for working certain shifts because the timing might not be good and make some people uncomfortable.  I am pleased to say this is no longer the case.  Should I need to get somewhere I will head straight there. My intention is to comment should I wish and work whatever hours suit me. My reasoning is simple.  You can spend your whole life beating yourself up for things and worry about what others may think.  Yes, I have made mistakes, Yes I was ill. But, I never hurt anyone but I hold on to a belief that I need to stay out of the way.  After much soul searching there is a belief that no longer should my existence be denied.  I will do what I want when I want to and if you don't like it, jog on.  Life is short and precious and I have wasted far too much of it considering the thoughts and feelings if people that don't consider mine.  This decision has nothing to do with anything other than my belief that things need to change for the benefit of my own life.  Nobody else will look after it for me so I must own it.  You can only beat yourself up for so long, especially about things that you felt you had no control over.  In addition if you were being manipulated to feel that way, the reasoning becomes even less.  There are no longer any self imposed restrictions in my life. Don't let anybody put any on yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment